General Manager, Clubhouse Manager, PGA Director of Golf, Membership Director, Golf Course Superintendent
GBA has significant experience in conducting executive searches for General Managers, Clubhouse Managers, Directors of Golf, Membership Directors and Golf Course Superintendents for private, daily fee and municipal clients. Using our understanding of the golf and club business, as well as the responsibilities of these key positions at successful clubs, plus our vast network of industry contacts, we have been very successful in attracting top candidates and assisting the owners, Board Members and/or Selection Committee in making the right decision for their unique situation.
Our Executive Search services include:
- Meeting with Board/Committee to understand position and assisting with development of position description and compensation
- Posting positions on CMAA and/or PGA Career Links and sending to our industry contacts
- Actively soliciting interest from those we know that are currently working at Clubs
- Receiving all resumes and calls and conducting phone interviews with top candidates
- Keeping Committee updated and recommending top candidates for in person interviews
- Setting up interviews and attending/assisting Committee with questions and scorecard
- Providing input on best candidates and conducting reference checks
- Communicating on behalf of Club with candidate selected and those not selected
Select a case study below to expand the content and learn more.
Golf Business Advisors assisted The Country Club of Virginia during the Summer of 2005 with an Executive Search for a Director of Golf Course Maintenance. CCV is an exclusive, high end private club with 54 holes of championship golf and an extensive array of quality, country club amenities.
Upon understanding the position, job description, reporting relationships, expectations, current course renovations program and compensation and benefits, GBA initiated the search. GBA searched through the mid-Atlantic transitional zone for superintendents familiar with the unique and challenging turf issues prevalent in this climate with experience at high-end facilities.
Using, our many industry contacts, we identified and solicited qualified candidates with a pedigree of experience commensurate with the specified qualifications.
After extensive telephone interviews, we presented the top candidates to CCV and they ultimately selected the top candidates for final interview.
GBA provided a scoring matrix for the interview team to aid in scoring candidates based on the required competencies in a more objective manner. GBA also provided interview questions and coordinated pre-employment aptitude testing, in addition to participating in final interviews and candidate reference checks.
The Country Club of Virginia secured an outstanding candidate for this position that has now turned things around and CCV provides the finest playing conditions possible on all three courses.