Membership Sales & Marketing
GBA has worked with many clubs in developing and implementing membership sales and marketing plans to help attract prospective members. Working with the General Manager, Membership Director and PGA Professional, we have helped clubs enjoy outstanding success in adding new members and thus, new revenue.
Our Membership Sales & Marketing services include:
- Meeting with Club Board and key staff members to determine Club culture, membership history and past membership recruitment efforts, attrition and retention
- Researching key competitors and their services and fee structure
- Analyzing current member demographics (including ages, zip codes, occupations etc.)
- Developing and implementing Member Survey (if needed)
- Determining target markets
- Developing comprehensive Membership Sales & Marketing Plan (including Action Steps, Responsibilities and Due Dates)
- Coaching General Manager and Membership Director on Plan implementation
- Assisting in Plan implementation (including coordination of letters to Members and prospects, new collateral, website changes etc.)
- Conducting sales training for Membership Director
- Developing new Membership categories (or revising existing categories) if needed
Select a case study below to expand the content and learn more.
Cedar Point Country Club has a complete suite of complementary country club amenities, including an 18-hole championship course, par three course, practice facilities include chipping and putting greens and driving range, tennis complex with indoor and outdoor tennis courts, outdoor pool and clubhouse.
Prior to GBA's involvement, the private, member-owned club had 244 full golf memberships and including other categories had a total of 475 memberships. The summer before our involvement the club embarked on a very strong member referral campaign. The campaign was successful but provided the club with no long-term strategies and initiatives to aid in their future marketing of memberships at the club.
The club retained Golf Business Advisors to create a Membership Sales and Marketing Plan of creative and effective short and long-term strategies for the club. GBA also helped to implement the comprehensive marketing campaign, which produced an overwhelming number of qualified leads. Through our promotional initiatives, direct mail, collateral development, membership director training, public relations initiatives, and enticing referral incentives, Cedar Point added over 50 new Memberships in one summer. In addition, the Club now understands the components of a successful marketing plan and has a stronger foundation on which to build future campaigns.