Golf Business Advisors is skilled at providing Owner’s Representative services for golf course renovations, working in conjunction with the golf course architect, general manager, superintendent, contractor and owner.
Our Project Management services include:
- Working with the Club to develop budget for the project
- Representing the Club in developing contract with golf course architect
- Assisting in development of RFP for renovation construction and selecting the correct contractor for the project
- Representing the Club in overseeing the renovation project (including following the contracts of golf course architect, contractor and sub-contractors)
- Providing email updates and photos for General Manager to send to members on regular basis
- Attending regular meetings with all parties to update work completed, budget, time frames and priorities
- Working with architect, contractor and superintendent on “grow in” timing and needs
- Assisting the Club in finalizing all “punch lists”
- Assisting the Club in developing plans for “soft opening” and “Grand Opening”
Select a case study below to expand the content and learn more.
Bide-A-Wee Golf Course opened in 1956. In its heyday, the course hosted four Virginia State Open and six World Senior Championships. Prior to renovation, the course was leased to a private operator and was in deplorable condition.
In 1998, the City of Portsmouth embarked on an $8 million renovation that was complete 15 months later and received the award from Golf Digest for the Most Improved Course in the United States in 2002.
The City contractor Golf Business Advisors as the Project Manager to oversee every aspect of the renovation project. GBA was the liaison between the golf course architect, PGA touring professional design consultant, golf course engineers, golf course contractor, clubhouse architect and city staff in the renovation process.
GBA conducted weekly on-site inspection of the course construction, clubhouse, cart facility and pavilion to ensure all aspects of the project were built to specification and would be delivered on-time and on-budget. GBA reviewed all filed change orders and provided recommendations.
Today, Bide-A-Wee Golf Course is perhaps the most successful municipal golf course in Virginia.